Parents here are just a few things that you can be doing at home to continue to help your student prepare for the Benchmark:
- Read EVERY day! Have your child read aloud to you and ask him/her questions.
- Practice math facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Students can practice telling time and working with elapsed time or converting time
- Have your child count money (coins and bills)
- Give your students a topic to write about and check their spelling and punctuation, also if the sentences make sense.
- Just talk to them about what they have been learning at school. This will help them to review the concepts without even really knowing it.