Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to School

I can't believe that it is already time to start a new school year. I had a wonderful summer, with the highlight having to be getting engaged!! I couldn't be more excited to marry such an incredible, caring, thoughtful, and helpful man next year!

This summer flew by, but I am very excited to meet all my "new" students! This year is going to be extra exciting for me because I am actually getting to teach 10 students that I taught 2 years ago. My first year at Sonora I taught a 1st/2nd split class (that was an interesting way to start my teaching career to say the least, but very educational and I wouldn't trade that experience for the world). Now that group of 2nd grade students is entering 4th grade....round two kiddos!! I hope you are ready :)

After only being back a few days for teachers' meetings it is so easy to remember that I am extremely blessed to work in a building where all the staff make school a priority and not just a job! Working with amazing peers like that makes waking up early again so much better. Knowing that I get to see 28 smiling faces soon also helps! Parents, we are all so honored that you trust us with your babies and couldn't make this school so great without you! Welcome to 4th grade and to our class! I can't wait to get to know all of the new faces and catch up with all the familiar ones!! Lets make 4th grade your favorite year of school so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment